now browsing by tag
Put March 6 in your calendars now, because we’re having another Pretty Pretty Party and we hope that you can come along! We’ve already tweeted about it and made a facebook event (add yourself!), but now it’s time to write about it on the site proper.
Those of you who’ve been before know to expect lovely company, great clothes to swap and great beauty products to try, as well as lashings of ginger beer and cupcakes. Those of you who are new to the site are in for a treat!
The event starts at 4pm so you’ve got plenty of time to go to Craft2.0 beforehand, and will go well into the night. There may very well be some Singstar or some such carry-on if people want there to be.
There’s no pressure to partake in any activities that you don’t want to, but we do suggest that you do please bring along:
1. Clothes that you don’t want anymore for an informal clothing swap. We’ll go through them together and anything leftover will be sorted for either Dress for Success or an op shop. PPP readers are a range of sizes and shapes, so there will be someone there who’ll fit your stuff, and you’ll fit theirs!
2. Any dud beauty products/accessories that don’t work for you, because they may very well work for someone else.
3. A plate of treats to share, and whatever you’d like to drink.
4. A product you do like or a skill that you might have to share – previous examples include girls who can do massages, a red lipstick expert and a bigass jar of Rotorua mud we all slathered on. You might be a great eyebrow plucker or have an amazing facial wash we should all try (and if you don’t feel like you have a skill, that’s also okay!).
5. I also suggest you bring a towel, a pair of clean cotton socks to wear after foot treatments, and a headband to keep hair back during facials if you want to do those things.
Feel free to ask any questions or anything else. We look forward to seeing you there (There being my house in Immoral Terrace, Newtown, of course)!
We like to have parties fairly regularly with you lovely pretties, try out new products and do a big clothes swap, but we’re aware the year is becoming incredibly busy already – like Amy and I haven’t actually managed to have a chance to sit down and talk for ages. That’s why I thought I’d run a poll. What date would suit you best for our next PPP gathering? You can vote for up to all six dates if you can make them all, or just pick the best option. Feel free to leave us comments with your opinions as well!
When shall we have the next Pretty Pretty Party & Clothing Swap?
- March 6 (55%, 6 Votes)
- March 27 (36%, 4 Votes)
- April 10 (27%, 3 Votes)
- March 13 (18%, 2 Votes)
- March 20 (18%, 2 Votes)
- April 3 (18%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 11
Just a reminder that we have another Pretty Pretty Pretty party coming up, at my house at 3pm on Saturday October 17 (add yourself to it on Facebook here). We hope you’re cleaning out your closet in anticipation, because a big part of that party, as well as of course sharing and enjoying sugary & boozey treats and favourite products, is the clothing swap. Because there were so many girls last time, it got pretty chaotic, so here are a couple of guidelines to make things run a little smoother.
- Clothes will be sorted in Small, Medium, Large and Plus piles. There will be girls in your size coming along. Check out photos from last time if you want more evidence of the range of PPP readers.
- There will also be a Special Good pile, in which you can put any designer items or clothes you’re really attached to, that we can all go through together instead of having a big free-for-all on, because I know last time some girls got into the clothes before anyone else had a chance, and people didn’t see who ended up loving the things that they’d previously loved before. The first time we had a clothing swap we went through all the clothes together and it was really lovely. I’m thinking there may be too many people and too many clothes to do that for all items, but if something has been really precious to you, then you deserve to see where it ends up, yes? Yes.
- All leftover clothes that aren’t claimed will be donated to charity.
- Bring accessories and beauty products that you don’t want anymore as well, and we’ll find them a good home.
Any questions? Comments? Testimonials from people who’ve come before as to how much fun it is and what awesome stuff you’ll end up with? I’d also just like to state again that I have met some lovely awesome new friends through the PPP parties, and I think you will too!
We’re super excited that we’re going to be having another girlie party on October 17 and we would love you to come along. Bring clothes and accessories for a clothing swap, products you no longer want for the dud trades box, and maybe bring along something that you do love to share with the group – perhaps you’re an expert brow plucker, or you have amazing moisturiser or an impressive collection of red lipsticks? There will of course be cupcakes, but if you’d care to bring a plate and something to drink, that would be most welcome too. It’ll be at my house in Newtown again, and we can’t wait to see you again/meet you for the first time. Wahoo!
There’s just under two weeks to go to our first birthday party, and man, we are so excited! As well as facials, footials, manicures and all kinds of other goodness, we’ll be drinking Fiasco Wines, having giveaways from Linden Leaves and doing a big clothing swap, so don’t forget to start sorting out your wardrobes for clothes and accessories you don’t want anymore, as well as any products you have that don’t work for you, and also please if you’re coming, either RSVP on our Facebook event page, or leave us a comment, so we’ll know how many gift bags to make…