now browsing by tag
MAC’s Lash & Dash lashes look superb with some super newbies added to the collection. Apparently, you can get your MAC lashes fitted at a MAC counter free anytime you need to, so they’re a great investment even if you have trouble applying them yourself.
I while ago, the PPPs got asked how we apply individual false eyelashes (as in tiny clumps of false eyelash of a few strands that you apply to the lashline where needed, as opposed to bands of lash.)
They are tricky little beggars, and I can’t give muh advice, other than practice. I have found a few youtube vids to help though. Here’s the key tips gleaned from the vids:
- stick the lashes from the packet onto your hand before applying to lashline (like you would with cellotape if you were wrapping pressies)
- cut false lashes shorter to apply near corner of the eye
- use tweezers, definitely use tweezers
- clamp the tweezers close to the base of the falsies to apply
- have a swig of whiskey to steady your hands
And now for the vids. The one is good, and you can buy the exact same brand of individual lashes from Life Pharmacy. Don’t worry that it’s latex glue – it still dries very clear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7QGsUdJhB8
And this vid is good too. I love how she puts her finger on her eyelid to protect it from mascara.
Here is my friend Megan – she’s just had her hair cut and it looks beautiful. Such a brave move and such a payoff! (Hope you don’t mind me stealing your photo, Megan??)
As a fellow curly-haired girl, I understand the trepidation in going short. You’re lucky to have found an understanding stylist.
Megan also has some great tips for false eyelashes too. Click her to read more…