now browsing by tag
Via Jezebel (of course), here’s a video from 1930 that shows what we’ll be wearing in 2000. Electric belts, aluminium and boys who have pockets for “candy for cuties” feature prominently. Oooh swish!
Attention Wellington fashion fans: Deborah Sweeney is having a sample sale! There will be up to 75 per cent off coats, dresses, cardigans, T-shirts, skirts, vintage gear, ends of fabrics and more. The sale is on 16th May, from 10am to 3pm, at 115 Hutt Park Road, Seaview, Wellington. Cash only!
Most women in New Zealand do not realise that heart disease is the leading single cause of death in women. To help raise this awareness, a group of fashion designers like Annah Stretton, in association with Go Red For Women have put some original designer red dresses up for auction on Trade Me. If you are a size 10/small, you could purchase and buy one of these pretty dresses, and help raise money for the cause. If you’re not a size small, well really, what relevancy could heart disease possibly have to you anyway?
Now, I dunno about you guys, but I grew up reading the Babysitters’ Club books – every time my mum went to the supermarket, I’d go into the bookshop, sit on the ground and work my way through them. I could never decide who my favourite one was – I liked the way that Kirsty got things done that Dawn was chilled out, but I longed to be able to dress like Claudia Kishi, and it seems I’m not the only one. In honour of an awesome blog I’ve stumbled across (and stolen this dance picture from) called What Claudia Wore, I gotta know: who’s the best dressed?
Who is the best-dressed member of the Babysitter's Club?
- Stacey had gone for almost total black [like her soul?]: black jeans, black boots, black turtleneck, silver cropped top over that, black boots with silver side buttons and silver X earrings." (48%, 10 Votes)
- "Dawn was wearing this cool oversized (really oversized) blue shirt. One of the coolest things about it was that it was green inside, so that when she turned the collar down and rolled the sleeves up (24%, 5 Votes)
- Claudia " She was wearing a wonderful Claudia outfit - a purple-and-white striped body suit under a gray jumper-thing. The legs of the body suit stretched all the way to her ankles, but she was weari (19%, 4 Votes)
- "Kristy was wearing a white turtleneck with little red and blue hearts all over it, a red sweater, jeans, and sneakers." (5%, 1 Votes)
- "Mary Anne was wearing a short plum-colored skirt over a plum-and-white-striped body suit. The legs of the body suit stopped just above her ankles, and she'd tucked the bottoms into her socks. I don (4%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 21
This from io9.com (click here to see more awesome pics).
After we get the zombie outbreak under control, the undead will become contributing members of society, even getting work as fashion models. Fumie Sasabuchi adds drawings of exposed bones and organs to models in high fashion magazines, transforming traditional symbols of beauty into the walking dead.
Sasabuchi takes pages from fashion magazines and uses ballpoint pens and colored pencils to draw over the images. These pictures integrate images of death and decay to explore Western taboos toward death, and create a different idea of beauty.