now browsing by tag
Hey there pretties. Here are a few weekend reads from The NZ Herald* that seemed relevant to ppp.
First up, tips on finding the right sports bra. I don’t do sports at the mo but I love a good sports bra even if it’s just for running dangerously across traffic or boogieing emphatically.
Then there’s info about controlling rosacea. It needs to be diagnosed and treated early. If it is allowed to develop into a chronic and severe condition it can cause scar tissue.
And lastly, and update on NZNTM contestant and ppp fave Ruby Higgins.
*ps have you guys seen Editing the Herald by my friend James? I had dinner with him a few weeks ago and he proceeded to apply his editing talent to the poorly-worded Korean-English menu…
You guys no doubt are aware of how much I love Jezebel. I’m figuring if you like this site you probably like them too. One of the many features on the site that I liked was Tatiana The Anonymous Model, who wrote from inside the modelling world about the realities of fashion. Well, the other day, Tantiana revealed her real identity, and it turns out she is Jenna Sauers, and she is a New Zealander! Squee! Okay, it’s a lame claim to fame, but what is really awesome is her blog. I think it should be required reading for every wannabe who’ll try out for New Zealand’s Next Top Model, and also just for anyone who likes really well-written personal content about a girl travelling the world. I spent all day yesterday reading it, and I was totally fascinated and enthralled.
Speculation, updates and theories in the comments please. But please don’t twitter the result if you can help it, I won’t be watching it live!
The lovely Nancy_Blackett is live-blogging NZNTM for us tonight….
anna_rc:Here’s hoping. Next week’s final looks glam.
nancy_blackett: ok- laura for the win i think
nancy_blackett: ruby will be the most famous of all these girls i reckon
nancy_blackett: sara’s ‘when the time is right – call me’ to ruby= when you’ve lost 10 kilos fatty mcfatterson.
anna_rc:Aww Ruby. Please get a career in presenting soon.
nancy_blackett: and ….. bye ruby!
nancy_blackett: hosanna’s safe. out of christobelle and ruby – ruby is gone for sure!
nancy_blackett: laura looks lovely in white with her hair
anna_rc:Laura called first! Makes my bottom two wrong. Must say I’m intrigued by Laura’s Param past.
wait. what? laura didn’t deserve to be called first!
anna_rc: Not looking good for Ruby for “industry reasons”.
nancy_blackett: way to put the pressure on the stylist to be the one to rule out ruby
Read the rest of this page »
Read the rest of this page »
Okay, first of all. Remember when Kowhai and I made Cover Girl videos a couple of ANTM cycles ago? Well at a hungover drunken New Year’s Day bbq at Amy’s house, I got a couple of more people to give us their best efforts, including Tom:
And if you watch the behind-the-scenes footage you can watch PPP PAG Hadyn being forced into lipgloss, and who doesn’t want to see that?
But anyways, now, behind the jump, I will put my thoughts on tonight’s episode. Warning – I use a lot of capital letters:
- Jacqui Brown is so fantastic. I love her so much. I also love her teal nailpolish. And Ruby is so lovely. I’m so stoked she won. I also think it’s hilarious how vacant they made Rebecca Rose appear to be.
- And they’re wearing animal costumes! This is the best episode ever! Except for how much Autozamm suck. Nick was my best friend’s little brother’s best friend, so it’s weird to see him grown up. And with a receding hairline even! How did I get this old?
- They have really ugly sunglasses. I suspect they were given them.
- I hate that Laura is worrying about her boyfriend. I expect better of her. Be a professional. Hosana has the right attitude. I like how hard she works, I really appreciate it.
- I like their look and outfits on this shoot a lot. Rocking the pin-up look. Ruby looks smoking hot although I shouldn’t say that about a 17 year old. And I want to punch the photographer when he suggests that she needs to get on the treadmill.
- Kristobelle’s photo has NO NECK! And they don’t comment on it! Tyra would never let that happen.
- Ruby’s red lipstick is awesome and I’m jealous of it. I really need to get myself to a MAC counter.
- And hurray for Rebecca Rose leaving, she totally creeped me out.
- As someone who is friends with mathemagicians, it really offends me when Hosanna says she’s one of only 33 out of ALL OF NEW ZEALAND to make it into the show. Um, the percentage of NZ population > females > females who are the eligible age > females who are the eligible age who care about Top Model > females who are the eligible age who care about Top Model who tried out. Oooh mathy!
- Again, fake laugh aha aha models eat too.
- Are we already halfway through the series? Really?
- Christobelle got stung by a bee. OMG TRAUMA. Actually I shouldn’t mock, cos I’m sure it hurts.
- “I was really excited when I saw Sara, because Sara is our Tyra”. Ugh!
- Oh, they got Ajoh to cry talking about her mother. There’s something really disturbing about girls crying in their bathing suits.
- And di you guys know that Sarah USED TO DO DRUGS? And that Teryl-Leigh IS A MOTHER? Next I bet they say Olivia and Lucy are sisters.
- Laura thinks eating the chili made her get ahead. Note to everyone next year: his will not work the same way.
- Dance Montage.
- There’s a lot been said about the lack of Maori girls representing – there were some in the 33 though.
- Teryl-Leigh foreshadows that she doesn’t know how she’ll deal if both Hosanna and her get into the top 13.
- Oh, and if you really wanted to be on Top Model but didn’t make the cut, you could always buy the house instead. If you were selling a home for more than $4.8 million, wouldn’t you want to make sure that you proofread your ad before you posted it? There aren’t any pictures of Tyra Sara included in the sale though, sad face. And no sign of the stripper pole installed in one of the bedrooms.
- If I could actually fit into their clothes, Top Model would make me actively avoid shopping in Max, I think.
- I wonder if maybe Sarah got confused by the Jean Batten (I wrote ‘Amelia Earhart’ first, whoops) challenge because she was New Zealand’s “heroine”, and SARAH USED TO INJECT DRUGS.
- Tiffany goes home for working the pole. And there’s Ajoh getting the wrong end of the black stick. This recap is really really boring – I mean the one on the TV, not my writing. Because I, of course, am hilarious.
- Comic music for the hip hop class. Again. And SARAH’S DEMONS OVERTAKE HER. This is the episode that Kowhai and I liveblogged so excuse me if I make all the same jokes again. I like CMJ’s pep talk to her though, despite his hair and terrifying hip wiggles.
- I’ve just noticed that Tery-Leigh was wearing a shirt that says “White by birth, trash by choice”. Well that explains the earrings then…
- Ajoh gets a piggyback out of Snow Planet, because there’s no snow in Africa. I already made the joke about how it rains there though, right? Sorry.
- Okay, so you guys know I’m all about the Laura love, right? I think it actually should have been a compliment to the designer that she said her outfit was “comfy”. I mean, given the hurt and pain that some fashion inflicts on us, isn’t it a good thing that your clothes don’t cause you physical discomfort? Also, I think what she meant was “this garment makes me feel confident”, so grr, dumb over-reactions.
- There’s something about Lucy that really makes me dislike her, but I suspect it’s not about her and more about how she reminds me of someone but I can’t quite put my finger on it. Oh wait! No, I totally can. She totally reminds me of this totally vapid Carrie Bradshaw wannabe that I worked with at Salient. Ahh.
- I still think Ruby looks better with darker hair. And this talking about chocolate thing is ridiculous. And also the fact that the girls go on about how many kgs they’ve put on since they got in the house. Why and how do they know? Ugh. And Sara’s voiceover: “An intervention was long overdue” – and they bring in exercise equipment. I mean, I get that exercise is a good thing. I even enjoy it myself, sometimes. But might a better intervention also have included a talk on body issues?
- Wait, Olivia went home? I missed that bit. Either I was drunk or the whole episode didn’t tape.
- Next, Teryl-Leigh is named and shamed. Wow, who knew that they’d ask the other girls who they think would go home next? It’s almost as if they wanted to stir up some controversy. Surely not? Drama over dinner. I watched this, didn’t I? How do I not remember any of it?
- “I’m the tallest one here, I’ve got the bone structure. Wow, I have to work on focusing my eyes. They can’t grow any taller!” – That’s totally going to be my come-back from now on.
- The couture makes me want a bowler hat of my own to rock. Maybe I’m still all about the steam punk.
- Lucy says that Rebecca Rose and Ajoh both have very good walks because they’re both professional models and have both been taught before. Oh small NZ, how short on amatuers you are!
- Ajoh doesn’t want to open her legs in circus class. You know this is going to come up again. OH MY GOD! CMJ has ’30s finger-curls. I’m simultaneously awed and terrified. And woah, Ajoh went home? Did I miss a whole episode? Or two? How did that happen? And the next episode features boys. AWESOME. I promise not to miss that one.
Sorry, I’m in Tauranga right now so I won’t be live-blogging, but this is a holder-post so you can all make free with your comments about the show here and now. So how about that one girl crying? And how that other girl totally looked better as a brunette? And that one girl who took it all in her stride? Yeah! Let’s discuss that.